The synthesizer pictured is the actual synth you will receive!
Moog Matriarch is a patchable 4-note paraphonic analog synthesizer with a built-in Sequencer, Arpeggiator, stereo Ladder Filters, and stereo Analog Delay. Create rich evolving chord patterns immediately with “no patching required”, then tap into an abundance of inspiring textures, new sounds, and an endless supply of happy accidents through Matriarch’s 90 modular patch points. Based on the vintage circuitry of classic Moog synthesizer modules, Matriarch is a catalyst for creative ideas and a medium for multidimensional expression.
Matriarch is an analog synthesizer with an emphasis on imagination. The pinnacle of Moog’s semi-modular family of synthesizers, Matriarch’s patchable architecture and vintage Moog circuits reward open exploration with endless sonic possibilities and unparalleled analog sound.
Easily create rich harmonic shapes with up to 4 notes of paraphony that can be sequenced, saved, and shifted with Matriarch’s intuitive 256 step sequencer, or stack the analog VCOs to play on a massive 4 oscillator mono synth.
With a deep assortment of synthesis modules based on Bob Moog’s original circuit designs, Matriarch’s 100% analog signal path spans a dynamic sonic vocabulary – from overdriven monophonic bass to gently evolving paraphonic plucks that cycle through waveshapes into a wash of infinite delay trails. Coupling the power of vintage stereo ladder filters, dual Envelope Generators, stereo Analog Delays, and stereo VCAs, Matriarch delivers a multidimensional sound that empowers the sonic exploration of space and time.
Though Matriarch’s semi-modular design requires absolutely no patching, 90 modular patch points are easily accessible throughout the panel via the included 3.5mm patch cables. This powerful electronic instrument is a highly-versatile addition to any stage or studio that can effortlessly transform from a performance keyboard to a fully modular analog synthesizer at a moment’s notice.
In addition to its standalone function, Matriarch is also an ideal processor of external sound sources and a powerful keyboard front-end for expanding a DFAM, Mother-32, Grandmother, or Eurorack modular system.
BONUS! This amazing machine comes with a rugged and protective flight case, allowing you to travel anywhere with confidence and protection!
Please note, the flight case does show some signs of use, as expected from normal use. It also features a sticker on the latch side of the case (pictured).
This is a used instrument and does show some signs of slight use, but has been fully tested and plays as expected. Please take a moment to review our pictures, as they accurately portray the true condition of the instrument.
- Voice Mode: Mono, duo, and 4-note paraphonic playability
- Analog Delay: Stereo analog delay w/up to 700ms of MIDI sync-able stereo or ping/pong style repeats
- Sequencer: 256 step sequencer w/up to 4 notes per step and 12 stored patterns. Can be decoupled from Matriarch to independently sequence external gear.
- Arpeggiator: Arpeggiator w/ selectable modes (Order, Forward/Backward, Random).
- Semi-Modular Design: Semi-modular analog synthesizer - no patching required.
- Modular Capabilities: 90 modular patch points for endless exploration
- Keyboard: Expressive 49-note Fatar keyboard w/patchable velocity and aftertouch.
- Analog Oscillators: 4 analog oscillators w/selectable wave shape and hard sync per-oscillator.
- LFO: Full-range analog LFO w/6 selectable wave shapes.
- Ladder Filters: Dual analog filters w/parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP) modes available.
- Envelope Generators: Dual analog ADSR envelopes.
- Voltage Controlled Amplifiers: Dual analog VCAs.
- Attenuators: 3x bipolar voltage controlled attenuators w/ring mod capability.
- Multiples: 2x4 parallel wired unbuffered multi.
- Second LFO: Additional simple analog LFO useful for adding modulation to delay, filters and VCAs
- External Processing: 1/4” external audio input for processing guitars, drum machines, and more through Matriarch’s analog circuits.
- Outputs: Stereo 1/4” and 3.5mm Eurorack level audio outputs.
- Type: Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- Sound Engine: 100% Analog
- Number of Keys: 49 Full-Size Keys
- Type of Keys: Velocity-sensing with Aftertouch (Velocity and Aftertouch are not hard-wired - available via MIDI, KBD VEL OUT and KB AT OUT jacks)
- Other Controllers: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide, Expression pedal in to CV out, and Sustain Pedal in
- Polyphony: Monophonic, 2-Note Paraphonic, and 4-Note Paraphonic
- Sound Sources: 4x Analog Oscillators with Selectable Waveforms (Oscillators 2, 3, and 4 support Hard Sync), White Noise Generator, External Input jack.
- Mixer: 6 input (5 eurorack level and 1 instrument level) DC couples discrete mixer with asymmetrical clipping behavior
- Filters: 24dB/Octave Low Pass Filter with Resonance, 24dB/Octave switchable Low Pass/High Pass Filter with Resonance. Configurable in parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP).
- MOD Sources: Analog Modulation Oscillator with selectable and patchable output (Sine, Saw, Ramp, Square, Stepped Triangle, Smoothed Random, Sample and Hold, Noise). Additional LFO (Tri, Square).
- Envelopes: 2x Four-Stage ADSR with End of Envelope gate outputs.
- Attenuators: 3x Bipolar Voltage Controlled Attenuators with Ring Mod capabilities
- Mults: 2x4 Parallel-wired Non-buffered Patch Points
- VCAS: 2x discrete analog VCAs routed in stereo
- Effects: Stereo Analog Delay with Ping/Pong, MIDI and CV clock sync, voltage controlled Mix, and independent L/R delay times, feedback, and I/O
- Appreggiator/Step Sequencer: 256 Steps with up to 4 notes per step; 12 Sequence locations
- Patch Points: 90 x 3.5mm front and rear panels, 49 Inputs, 33 Outputs, 2x4 Parallel-wired Mults
- Pedal Inputs: 1/4” Sustain, 1/4” Expression
- Audio Input: 1/4” TS jack (Rear Panel)
- Audio Outputs: 2x 1/4” TS jacks for line level output (Rear Panel), 1/4” Headphone jack with dedicated level knob (rear panel), 2x 3.5mm Eurorack level outputs, 2x 3.5mm Delay outputs
- MIDI I/O: 5-pin DIN In, Out, Thru; plus MIDI over USB (Rear Panel)
- Actual Weight: 24lbs
- Power: Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip), 2A, 100 to 240 Volts AC, 50/60Hz with screw-on barrel connector
*For your protection all purchases over $99 will be shipped signature required.