At The Farm, we take actual pictures of each product because we know that details like wood grain and color finishes can vary. We want you to be able to see, to the best of our ability, exactly what you will be receiving.
The Tube MP is the world’s most popular external tube microphone preamp. Whether you’re working with a digital, computer or analog recording system, the Tube MP’s TEC award nominated design will allow you to obtain professional recording studio results at a fraction of the cost of comparable equipment. The hybrid design of the Tube MP allows it to add warmth and fatness to a signal while maintaining exceptionally low-noise and high quality. While its primary application is to be used with a microphone, the Tube MP is an exceptional direct box – impedance matching, amplifying and improving the sound of any instrument plugged into it.
The usage of external mic/line preamps has become increasingly popular over the past several years. The Tube MP offers superior performance and sound quality to the “on-board” preamps found in today’s low-cost mixers and multi-trackers. It’s sound has been consistently favored over other products costing upwards to ten-times its price. Professional quality sound combined with professional features like: a hand-selected 12AX7a tube, phantom power and phase reverse are what have made the Tube MP a staple in thousands of studios worldwide. For a minimal investment, a Tube MP can provide the single largest improvement to the sound of your studio.
This an open box demo product. It may show light signs of use, but has been tested and is functioning as expected.
- Provides Superior Preamplification for: Microphones, Instruments and Line Level Sources
- Hand Selected 12AX7a Provides 70dB of Gain Smooth, Warm and Fat Sound Quality
- Variable Input and Output Gain Controls
- Excellent as a Tube DI
- XLR and 1/4″ Inputs and Outputs +48 volts
- Phantom Power
- Phase Reversal Switch
- Superior Sonic Performance to On-Board Preamps
- TEC-Award Nominated Design
- Portable, All Steel Construction
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 20kHz (+0,-1dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.1% (typical)
- CMMR: > 75dB (typ @1kHz)
- Dynamic Range: > 100dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
- Equivalent Input Noise: -129dBu (‘A’ weighted XLR to XLR)
- Input Impedance: 2k Ω (XLR), 840K Ω (1/4″)
- Maximum Gain: 70dB (XLR to XLR typical)
- Maximum Input Level: +14dBu (XLR), +22dBu (1/4″)
- Maximum Output Level: +28dBu (XLR), +22dBu (1/4″)
- Output Impedance: 600 Ω (XLR), 300 Ω (1/4″)
- Power Requirements: 9 VAC @ 700ma (typ)
- Dimensions: 5.0″D x 5.5″W x 2.0″H
- Weight: 1.5 lbs