The monitors pictured are the actual monitors you will receive!
Just in on trade!
Don't miss out on this fantastic pair of studio speakers!
These 4406 is the most compact of JBLs studio monitors and are intended for use where space is restricted. Its close driver spacing produces a coherent sound source, making it ideal as a direct-field monitor for console placement. The 4406 reflects the same design principles which characterize all JBL monitors: smooth overall response, controlled dispersion, and the ability to produce high acoustical output with little stress. Optimum enclosure porting and careful network design ensure smooth response, which extends lower in frequency than is usual for an enclosure of such modest size. Response to 27 kHz ensures that the upper musical octave ( 10 kHz to 20 kHz) will be reproduced with complete accuracy, thus making the 4406 ideal for monitoring critical digital and advanced analog recordings.
Pure titanium was first used by JBL in the design of diaphragms for high frequency compression drivers. JBL has perfected a 25 mm titanium dome radiator which is capable of 30 watts power handling and can reproduce the frequency range from 3 kHz to 27 kHz. The unique “diamond surround” and ribbed dome structure of the model 035Ti HF unit provide control over secondary resonances, yielding absolutely flat axial response to the normal upper limits of today’s recording media. With a basic sensitivity of 92 dB, one watt at one meter, the 035Ti transducer exhibits virtually no dynamic compression.
The 162 mm (6.5 in) diameter LF driver has a filled polypropylene cone which combines the smooth response associated with polypropylene with the resistance to breakup associated with pulp or laminated materials. Linearity of the LF driver is the result of careful attention to mechanical suspensions as well as Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFGJ. SFG reduces harmonic distortion by producing identical magnetic flux fields on each side of the magnetic gap. This ensures that the voice coil will intersect equal flux lines for both positive and negative excursions of the cone. A flux stabilizing ring placed around the pole piece reduces the effects of magnetic flux field modulation. Overall, SFG reduces distortion to about one-tenth the value found in conventional magnetic structures. A cast aluminum frame ensures mechanical integrity under the most demanding operating conditions.
The complex network design produces a seamless system frequency response through the critical crossover region around 3 kHz. The rolloff slopes are precisely determined to result in smooth axial and power response. High quality polypropylene and polystyrene capacitors are utilized as “bypass capacitors” in parallel with the larger network mylar capacitors. This design procedure linearizes energy storage in the larger capacitors, and the result is greater accuracy in the reproduction of transient signals. A front baffle control allows precise adjustment of the HF transducer level, enabling the system to be adjusted to taste, or to match a given acoustical environment.
These are used monitors and do show some signs of slight use, but has been fully tested and functions as expected. Please take a moment to review our pictures, as they accurately portray the true condition of these monitors.
- Frequency Range (-6 dB): 45 Hz - 27 kHz
- Frequency Response (+2 B): 55 Hz - 20 kHz
- Power Rating: 75 watts
- System Sensitivity: 87 dB SPL, 1 watt (2.83v) at 1 meter
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 3 kHz
- Low Frequency Transducer Nominal Diameter: 6.5 Inches
- Low Frequency Transducer Voice Coil: 1.5 Inch diameter copper
- Low Frequency Transducer Magnetic Assembly Weight: 3lb
- Low Frequency Transducer Flux Density: 0.95 tesla (9.500 gauss)
- Low Frequency Transducer Sensitivity: 88 dB SPL, 2.83 V at 1 m (3.3ft)
- High Frequency Dome Radiator Nominal Diameter: 1 Inch
- High Frequency Dome Radiator Voice Coil: 1 Inch diameter copper
- High Frequency Dome Radiator Magnetic Assembly Weight: 2lb
- High Frequency Dome Radiator Flux Density: 1.5 tesla (15.000 gauss)
- High Frequency Dome Radiator Sensitivity: 92 dB SPL, (2.83 V) at 1 m (3.3ft)
- Dimensions: 15 1/8” x 9 1/8” x 8 1/2”
- Weight: 18lbs 8oz each
*For your protection all purchases over $99 will be shipped signature required.