The microphone pictured is the actual mic you will receive!
We know that details like wood grain and color finishes can vary, so we want you to be able to see, to the best of our ability, exactly what you will be receiving.
The Blue Kiwi is a flagship multi-pattern FET microphone, and defines the pinnacle of modern vocal and instrument recording. Born from their legacy of inimitable design and innovation, Kiwi delivers a world-class vocal sound to inspire once-in-a-lifetime performances. Nine selectable polar patterns provide unlimited creative freedom for any recording session. And the sound—shimmery, elegant top end with articulate midrange and full-bodied low end—has Kiwi winning out against the most revered vintage mics when it comes to capturing world-class vocal tracks.
Precision engineered, hand-built, and beautifully crafted, Kiwi delivers unmatched results for every recording session. It combines the low noise and superb transient response of the proprietary FET circuitry with smooth midrange, and crisp, airy high end that flatters vocals, guitars, piano and other lead instruments. The result is full and articulate sound that sits forward in the mix, but is silky rather than aggressive. Kiwi even captures the difficult resonance of female vocals in vibrant detail.
With nine distinct polar patterns to choose from, Kiwi’s tone can be adapted to any recording environment and application. Capture the ultimate “big” vocal performance. Record multiple vocalists at once. Experiment with unconventional vocal treatments, or capture a present vocal and room sound simultaneously. Each pattern allows you to fine-tune the timbre and directionality of the Kiwi for endless creative options. Just toggle between Cardioid, Omni, Figure of 8, and everything in between to find which pattern best suits your application.
9 Polar Patterns
- Cardioid: For achieving the ultimate “big” vocal sound and capturing instrument tracks that sit forward in the mix with airy highs and smooth midrange.
- Sub-Cardioid: Between Cardioid and Omni-directional are three sub-cardioid patterns that allow you to fine-tune the timbre of the microphone to match the unique character of the voice or instrument. These patterns can also be used to soften the edge of close-miked brass instruments or “spiky” vocalists.
- Super-Cardioid: Between Cardioid and Figure 8 are three gradations super-cardioid, ideal for capturing ultra-intimate performances, emphasizing high-end detail and providing cutting power and warmth.
- Omnidirectional: Perfect for ensemble vocals, room miking, or ambient percussion.
- Bidirectional: Great for recording two voices at once, an instrument and vocal duet, dual instruments in close proximity, or mid-side miking applications.
Kiwi is designed and hand-built in the USA for a lifetime of use. The acclaimed B6 Bottle Cap capsule and twin acoustically matched single backplate large diaphragm capsules deliver unmatched sonic character and frequency response across all polar patterns. The transformerless operation and discrete circuitry guarantees that nothing can compromise the fidelity of the signal path, so you get the purest sound possible during every recording session.
This microphones has been fully tested and recently fully serviced and inspected by the manufacturer with a clean bill of health.
This is a used microphone and does show some signs of slight use, but has been fully tested and functions as expected. Please take a moment to review our pictures, as they accurately portray the true condition of the microphone.
- Multi-pattern B6 Bottle Cap for capturing once-in-a-lifetime performances
- Acoustically matched, custom-mounted 26.3mm large dual-diaphragm capsule
- 9 unique polar patterns for ultimate recording versatility
- Proprietary transform less, Class A FET circuitry for pure signal path
- Legendary Blue Heritage
- Transducer Type: Condenser, pressure gradient
- Polar Pattern: 9 polar patterns including cardioid, omni-directional, figure of 8, 3 sub-cardioid patterns, and 3 super-cardioid patterns
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20KHz
- Sensitivity: 19.0mV/Pa at 1kHz (1Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50Ω
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1kΩ
- Maximum SPL: 138dB SPL (2.5kΩ, 0.5% THD)
- Maximum Output Voltage: 90V
- S/N Ratio: 85.5dB-A(IEC 651)
- Noise Level: 8.5dB-A (IEC 651)
- Dynamic Range: 129.5dB (@2.5kΩ)
- Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power (IEC 268-15)
- Actual Weight: 1lb 9oz
- Dimensions: 11.4 Inches x 2.4 Inches
*For your protection all purchases over $99 will be shipped signature required.