- Authentic Tone: The SHARC audio engine in HX products accurately recreate the sonic characteristics and dynamic playing response of classic and modern amplifiers and effects.
- HX Cabs/Impulse Responses: Helix cabinet models provide low-end reproduction and overall definition equivalent to a 2048-point impulse response (IR), and third-party impulse responses may also be loaded. A choice of 16 microphone models with adjustable distances provides additional flexibility.
- Component Modeling: Each stage of an amp’s circuitry is measured and the results matched to the original during the modeling process, ensuring realistic sound and an authentic playing experience.
- Behavioral Modeling: HX Modeling technology captures the unique behavior of analog effects devices by measuring their individual components, resulting in authentic recreations of even notoriously difficult-to-model effects such as germanium fuzz and “bucket-brigade” analog delay pedals.
- Interaction: HX processors feature a clear interface that enables fast tone creation and easy interaction—all with a minimal learning curve and the elimination of complex menu diving.
- Capacitive-Touch Footswitches: Simply touch a footswitch to instantly jump to any block and quickly adjust a parameter or assign controllers. Color-coded LED rings convey footswitch assignments and status at a glance.
- Snapshots: Snapshots enable you to create multiple variations within a single preset and seamlessly transition between them, without the audio dropouts that occur when switching between presets.
- I/O Level Shifting: A switchable line-level input enables keyboardists, DJs, and producers to connect electronic instruments or use HX products as outboard processors in the studio.
- Routing: HX processors easily integrate into pedalboard and studio rigs thanks to their flexible routing capabilities. Internal routing includes parallel stereo signal paths, while inputs and outputs include stereo-linkable effects loops.
- Command Center: HX processors can serve as command centers for any rig. MIDI messages can be sent manually via footswitches (or an optional expression pedal), and up to six commands can be sent automatically at preset or snapshot recall. Even QWERTY hotkey commands can be sent via USB.
- Analog Bypass: Switchable analog bypass routes signals at the input(s) directly to the output(s) without undergoing A/D/A conversion.
- HX Edit: HX Edit features the same intuitive user interface as HX processors. Create complex signal chains with ease, adjust settings and parameters using dedicated sliders, customize footswitch labels, and more.
- Powercab: Powercab active guitar speaker systems were designed to provide an organic “amp-in-the-room” playing experience when paired with Helix, HX Stomp, or other amp modelers.
- Footswitches 1-6: These capacitive-touch footswitches feature color LED rings that convey footswitch assignments and status at-a-glance.
- Main Display: This 2.4” (6cm) color LCD is your window into the power of HX Stomp XL.
- Home/View: Press to return to the main Home screen If you ever get lost. Press Home again to toggle between Play view and Edit view.
- Upper Knob: In Play view, turn to select a preset. Press to open the Preset List. In Edit view, turn to select a block for editing. Press to bypass/enable the selected block.
- Action: Press to open the Action panel for the selected block or menu. From Edit view, the Action panel lets you move, copy, paste, and clear blocks. Press Home and Action together to open the Save menu for renaming and saving changes to a preset. Press both buttons twice to quick save.
- Page: In Edit view, press to view more parameters for the selected block or menu. Press both < Page and Page > to dive deeper into HX Stomp XL. You'll find Controller Assign, Global Settings, and other menus.
- Lower Knob: In Edit view, turn to select the model assigned to the current block. Press to open the Model List.
- Knobs 1-3: In Edit view, turn one of the three knobs below the main display to adjust the value of the parameter above it. Press the knob to reset the parameter value. If a rectangular button appears above a knob, press that knob to engage its function.
- Mode: Press Mode to toggle between Stomp and Preset footswitch modes. Hold Mode for one second to engage Pedal Edit mode, which lets you edit effects with your feet.
- Tap/Tuner: Press two or more times to tap in the BPM (beats per minute) of any tempo-based effects such as delay or modulation. Press and hold for one second to open the Tuner.
What’s In the Box?
Line 6 HX StompTM XL multi-effects pedal
HX Stomp XL Cheat Sheet (read that one first!)
AC power adapter
Four stick-on rubber feet (optionally, place inside the white circles on the underside of HX Stomp XL)
*For your protection all purchases over $99 will be shipped signature required.