The multi-effect unit pictured is the actual multi-effect unit you will receive!
With the BOSS JS-5 JamStation, guitar and bass players can jam along to high-quality accompaniments, create new accompaniments, and even digitally record up to 32 minutes of their playing without any knowledge of MIDI sequencing or recording.
The JS-5 is your ticket to playing with the hottest rhythm section in town. Through its unique Backing Generator, this compact tabletop machine creates full four-part accompaniments—perfect for guitar players who perform alone, or anyone just wanting to jam. And there's no need to be an expert in MIDI sequencing; the JS-5 has 200 Preset songs ready to go—just tell it what chords to follow and the tempo you'd like, then start playing along. Individual parts can be muted for using the JS-5 as a preset drum machine with bass sounds, and up to 26 User chord progressions and 100 User songs may be stored in internal memory. Better still is its separate audio track, which can be used for recording an input source to be played back with one of the JS-5's internal songs.
Recording to the JS-5's dedicated audio track is no different than recording to tape—just hit the Record button and start playing. This built-in audio track is great for recording up to 34 minutes* of vocals, guitar, or even CD's, and until now, this feature was completely unheard of in a preset backing machine. A selectable input source ensures the JS-5 is properly matched to the type of instrument connected to its input—be it a microphone, line-level source or guitar. Even more amazing is the JS-5's ability to automatically sync audio recordings to any of its onboard songs through the use of a Timestretch function. This time-saving feature makes it possible to create full accompaniments, complete with digital audio, in a matter of minutes.
Creating arrangements in the JS-5 is simple, thanks to a new EZ Compose feature. By pressing the EZ button, users can select styles and chords through an interactive system that eliminates hidden menus—just cursor to the item to be modified and use the Value dial. With EZ Compose, guitarists can create and jam along to great-sounding backing accompaniments quicker than most bands can do a live sound check.
*Optional 32MB SmartMedia card required to expand JS-5's recording time to 34 minutes.
Available Recording Time on Track:
- Internal Memory:
1 minute, 58 seconds (Long recording mode)
1 minute, 35 seconds (Hi-Fi recording mode)
Memory Card (SmartMedia):
34 minutes, 2 seconds (Long recording mode)
27 minutes, 14 seconds (Hi-Fi recording mode)
68 minutes, 9 seconds (Long recording mode)
54 minutes, 31 seconds (Hi-Fi recording mode)
* The above times are the total recording times for all songs. If you record for an extended time on one song, the recording time available for the other songs will decrease, and in some cases recording may not be possible.
* The available recording time is the maximum recording time available in the internal memory and memory card. This figure may be smaller depending on the memory used for recording User (or Card) Songs and any data backed up to the memory card.
This is a used unit and does show some signs of slight use, but has been fully tested and functions as expected. Please take a moment to review our pictures, as they accurately portray the true condition of this unit.
- Highly intuitive backing/accompaniment machine and song composer for guitarists
- Professional-quality sound engine with separate reverb, chorus, and multi-effects for the internal sounds
- 200 Preset songs with 4-part backing tracks 100 User songs and 26 user-definable chord types
- Separate audio track and mic/line/guitar input for digitally recording live input sources
- Recording time expandable to 64 minutes with optional SmartMedia card
- Built-in Timestretch feature automatically syncs audio recordings to internal patterns
- Locator function loops selected passages for practicing or jamming
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 Voices
- Instruments: Instruments (including Bass)- 128 ; Drum Kits - 16
- Effects: Reverb, Chorus, Insert Effects (40 types)
- Styles: Preset Style- 200 x 8 (Forms) ;
- User Style - maximum 20 x 8 (Forms) *1
- (Form: Intro, Verse 1, Fill 1, Verse 2, Fill 2, Break 1, Break 2, ending)
- Songs: Preset Songs- 200 ;
- User Songs- maximum 100 *1 *2 ;
- Card Songs- maximum 100 *1 *2 ;
- Song Length- Maximum 999 measures for song *1 (This figure may vary depending on the size of the Styles, and the number of chords and Forms used.)
- Resolution: Per quarter note- 96
- Tempo: Quarter note- 20 to 260
- Connectors: Recording Input Jack, Output Jacks (L (MONO), R ), Headphone Jack (stereo miniature phone type), Foot Switch Jack, MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT), AC Adaptor Jack (AC 14 V)
- Power Supply: AC 14 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Draw: 650 mA
- Actual Weight: 2lbs 7oz
*For your protection all purchases over $99 will be shipped signature required.
The Music Farm is an Authorized Boss Dealer.