At The Farm, we take actual pictures of each product because we know that details like wood grain and color finishes can vary. We want you to be able to see, to the best of our ability, exactly what you will be receiving.
Compact and powerful, the 100 watt Katana Head delivers sharply defined rock tones with rich, commanding presence. This amp also includes integrated access to a huge range of BOSS effects, which are customizable using the free BOSS Tone Studio editor software. And with the powerful onboard Tone Setting memories, you can store your favorite amp channel setups and effects combinations for instant recall. In addition, the versatile Katana Head is equipped with an effects loop and MIDI for integration with advanced rigs, and features a convenient built-in monitor speaker for tone preview and practice without a cab.
Available now, this feature-packed Katana Version 2 update adds many user-requested additions and enhancements to the Katana stage amp lineup. New SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E effects bring the total number to 58, and the Tone Setting memories have been doubled for even greater versatility while performing. The update also includes newly added channel and global EQs for refined tone-shaping, powerful Cabinet Resonance and Air Feel direct out functions derived from the Waza amp series, and many other great features.
Sharpened to perfection by the BOSS engineering team, the Katana Head’s five amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds. Clean is natural and transparent, while Crunch offers satisfying grit and response. Lead has a wide gain range to suit many styles, from fat, stinging blues solos to fluid legato shredding. With DNA inherited from the Waza amp, Brown delivers refined high-gain tone sought after by the world’s greatest rock players. The Acoustic character further enhances the Katana’s versatility, providing optimized tone that makes acoustic-electric guitars sound stunningly natural.
One of the Katana Head’s most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp channel and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. The Version 2 update adds a second bank of Tone Settings, doubling the number of available memories from four to eight. Combined with the newly added channel and global parametric EQs (configurable in BOSS Tone Studio), this elevates the Katana Head’s performance versatility to even higher levels. It’s easy to select Tone Settings and switch between the two banks from a panel button, an optional external footswitch, or MIDI.
The Katana Head’s speaker out supports connection to your favorite 8-ohm or 16-ohm cabinet. And with the handy built-in monitor speaker, you’re able to check tones and practice anywhere without having to hook up a cab at all. The Katana Head also features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with cabinet simulation, allowing you to send mic’d up amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones for quiet practice. Version 2 further enhances this capability with three Air Feel settings derived from the flagship Waza amps. Advanced players will appreciate the MIDI input, which enables easy integration with MIDI controllers and switching devices.
With its built-in BOSS effects, the Katana Head lets you perform anywhere with just a guitar and amp. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio via USB provides access to 58 fully-customizable effects, and you can load your favorites into the amp’s various effects sections. Going beyond standard distortion, delay, and reverb, the selection includes powerful tone-shapers like pitch shifting, ring mod, slicer, and many more. Newly added in Version 2, the SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E effects provide classic sounds that are a perfect match for the Katana’s Brown channel tones. Additional updates include the ability to use delay and delay-plus-reverb in the Reverb section, plus enhanced send/return routing for using favorite pedals and other external processing in the amp’s effects loop.
- Light and portable 100 watt amplifier head with powerful, gig-ready sound
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from a huge selection of customizable effects and effect routing configurations
- Dedicated gain, EQ, presence, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Integrated 5 inch monitor speaker for practice without an external cab
- MIDI input for Tone Setting selection and effects on/off from a MIDI foot controller
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
Katana Version 2 Newly Added Features
- Tone Setting memories increased from four to eight (two banks of four)
- Access to 58 total effects (SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E types added)
- Full-time channel and global parametric EQs for refined tone shaping
- Three Cabinet Resonance types adjust the interaction between the amp’s output section and speaker
- Cabinet simulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs enhanced with three Air Feel settings for adding depth and dimension to direct tones
- Reverb section now supports delay and delay-plus-reverb in addition to reverb only
- Expanded send/return routing options for inserting external processing in the effects loop
The Music Farm is an Authorized BOSS Dealer.