Reproducing the way an acoustic drum behaves when struck is a key factor in the playability of electronic drums.
Yamaha's electronic drums feature a sound module that covers the full range of sound from the initial attack to the final cutoff, all based on samples of authentic drums tuned by a skilled engineer. Yamaha has carried out exhaustive testing of how acoustic drums respond when they’re hit to help achieve a truly faithful representation of drum behavior. Moreover, professional drummers from around the world have evaluated the performance of the DTX-PRO, allowing Yamaha to improve its expressive capabilities even further.
The high-performance sound engine equipping the DTX-PRO leverages the technologies that Yamaha has acquired over decades of making musical instruments of all kinds. With authentic acoustic and live drum sounds, the same high-end effects found in professional-grade synthesizers and audio equipment and effect control functions that let you recreate the techniques of elite drummers with a single knob, the sound engine in the DTX-PRO even recreates the process of creating sound in recording studios and live performance scenarios.
The wealth of practice functions featured in DTX Drums are also found in the DTX-PRO. Make the most of a sophisticated, programmable metronome, recorder function, 10 training functions ideal for developing a sense of rhythm, as well as 37 training songs that allow you to learn various genres. Beginners and professionals alike will find the DTX6 training functions a useful aid for daily practice.
The DTX-PRO comes equipped with music production software, Cubase AI, and includes information so users can download the latest version.
Connect the DTX-PRO to your PC with a USB cable to perform the recording, editing and mixing tasks that are the heart of music production—all in one software program.
Yamaha drum pads feature pad-sensing technologies that respond with precise accuracy to the actions of the player delivering the ultimate in expressive capability reflected in the sound.
Offering high-precision, low-distortion, low-noise and high-power components, the headphone amplifier circuit delivers high-fidelity sound directly to the player and has been developed exclusively for electronic drums. Effectively combining a range of Yamaha circuit technologies with the power circuit provided independently for the headphone amplifier produces a powerful, high-quality sound that envelops the player in realistic drum tones.
- Snare: XP80 (8-Inch) TCS head 3-zone pad
- Tom 1,2: TP70 (7-Inch) Rubber Head 1-zone pad
- Floor Tom: TP70 (7-Inch) Rubber Head 1-zone pad
- Bass Drum: KP65 (5-Inch) Rubber pad, double foot pedal compatible *bass drum pedal not included*
- Hi-Hat: 10-Inch pad and HH65 hi-hat controller
- Crash Cymbal: 10-Inch pad with “choke” ability
- Ride Cymbal: PCY135 (13-Inch) 3-zone pad
- Rack System: DTX6K-X Rack
- Create your own unique sounds with AMBIENCE, COMP and EFFECT kit modifier knobs
- TCS heads help to achieve a pleasing, natural feel and rebound that makes you want to keep playing
- 3-Zone pads for the snare and ride cymbals that can be choked and muted
- Ride cymbal equipped with hit point detection function
- Footprint (average): 49.37 Inches x 43.3 Inches
- Approx. Weight: 55.6 lbs
- Maximum Polyphony: 256 notes
- Effects: For each Inst: EQ / Comp / Transient / Insertion (*1), For each Kit: Ambience / Effect 1 / Effect 2 and Master Comp / Master Effect, For overall: Master EQ / Phones EQ (*1) Insertion effects can be used only for specific Inst.
- Drum Kits: Preset - 40 kits ; User - 200 kits
- Voices: 712
- Click Sets: 30
- Tempo: 30 to 300 BPM, Tape tempo supported
- Time Signatures: 1/4 to 16/4, 1/8 to 16/8, and 1/16 to 16/16
- Subdivisions: Accents, quarter notes, eighth notes, sixteenth notes and eight-note triplets
- Training Types: 10
- Training Songs: Preset - 37 songs ; User: 1 song
- Recording Internal Memory: Max of 90 seconds
- Recording USB Flash Drive: Max of 90 minutes per file
- Headphones: Standard stereo phone jack
- Aux In: Stereo mini jack
- Output: Standard phone jack
- USB: USB to device, USB to host
- MIDI: MIDI out
- Trigger Input: Trigger inputs 1, 14: (Standard stereo phone, L: Trigger, R: Rim switch / Trigger), 2/3, 4/5, 6/7, 12/13: (Standard stereo phone, L: Trigger, R: Trigger), 8, 9, 10, 11: (Standard stereo phone, L: Trigger, R: Rim switch) *Maximum 14 of pads to be connected (when Y-cable is used)
- Display: Full Dot LCD (128 x 64 dot)
*For your protection all purchases over $99 will be shipped signature required.
The Music Farm is an Authorized Yamaha Dealer.