At The Farm, we don’t rely on bland manufacturer stock photos - we physically photograph one of each model to show a better representation of the product. Some minor details like wood grain and color finish can, and may vary slightly from the pictures below.
Katana MkII takes the acclaimed Katana guitar amp series to the next level, turbocharging the core platform with more sounds, more effects, and more features. Newly voiced variations are now available for all five amp characters, doubling the tonal options. And the onboard effects categories have been expanded from three to five, providing even more real-time processing to choose from. The usability has been ramped up too, with a power amp input for modelers and multi-FX, easy stereo expansion for dual amp setups, updated editor software, and many other enhancements.
The stage-class Katana 100/212 MkII picks up where the first generation left off, building on the same core tones and features that have made the series such a worldwide smash. If you loved the original Katana amps, you'll love Katana MkII even more. And if you're new to the party, get ready for sound, feel, and versatility that soars far beyond its price class.
The Katana-100/212 MkII rocks as a standalone amp, but it also excels as a powered cabinet for a favorite preamp, modeler, or multi-effects unit. Connecting to the rear-panel Power Amp In jack bypasses Katana MkII's preamp and effects, letting you tap straight into the Tube Logic power section, complete with grab-and-go Power Control. And with BOSS Tone Studio, the input can be easily optimized for your particular gear with a high-pass filter and adjustable gain.
One of the Katana 100/212 MkII's most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp character and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. After you've dialed in a sound with the panel controls, simply save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold. Eight Tone Settings (two banks of four) are available, with fast selection right from the panel. And for hands-free operation on the gig, just connect external footswitches or the GA-FC foot controller (not included).
One Katana MkII sounds great, but playing two at once is even better. The new Stereo Expand feature makes linking two amps simple, with just one regular cable needed. You're able to control everything from the master Katana MkII, with stereo-compatible effects like chorus, delay, reverb, and others distributed across both amps for a wide, immersive sound field. Stereo Expand is supported on all 100-watt Katana MkII models.
The Katana 100/212 MkII features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with mic'd cabinet emulation, letting you send mix-ready amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. The direct sound can be shaped with three different Air Feel settings, which are accessible from BOSS Tone Studio. Two-channel USB operation is supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of Katana's modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects.
The optional GA-FC foot controller is the perfect partner for the Katana 100/212 MkII. It connects with a single cable, requires no external power, and features a slim, rugged profile that takes up minimal space. With six footswitches, you can directly recall Tone Settings and independently turn the five effects sections on/off. The GA-FC also supports external footswitches and expression pedals, with default assignments that include tap tempo, bank selection, foot volume, and Pedal FX. A large variety of custom assignments are available via BOSS Tone Studio, including expression pedal control of up to three parameters at once.
BOSS Tone Studio has also evolved alongside the Katana MkII amplifiers. The interface has been updated with a refreshed look, and a number of parameters have been consolidated into the main screen for faster workflow. There's also a dedicated Pedal FX category, making it easier to assign wah and pedal bend effects to a connected expression pedal. And if you're a first-gen Katana owner, it's possible to import your custom patches and use them all with Katana MkII.
- Stage-ready 100 watt combo amp with two custom 12-inch speakers
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Stereo Expand out to link with a second Katana MkII (100-watt models only)
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable from the panel or BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic'd cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Optional GA-FC foot controller provides complete amp control, including Tone Setting selection, effects on/off,expression pedal control, and more
- Connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Effect loop, with selectable series/parallel operation and adjustable level in BOSS Tone Studio
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
- Brand: Boss
- Product Warranty: 3 Year - USA only
- Approx. Weight: 43lbs 10oz
- Amplifier Type: Solid State
- Amplifier Watts: 100W
- Voltage: 120v Before making a purchase outside of the United States, please know that this product uses the standard 120V voltage standard. The Music Farm is not responsible for any damage caused by not adhering to the voltage requirements
- Headphone Connection: Yes
- Built in Reverb: Yes
- USB Connection: Yes
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Footswitch I/O: Yes
- Footswitch Included: No
- Input 1 Type: 1/4 Inch