At The Farm, we don’t rely on bland manufacturer stock photos - we physically photograph one of each model to show a better representation of the product. Some minor details like wood grain and color finish can, and may vary slightly from the pictures below.
Unique and versatile, the ELCajon EC-10 allows cajon players to easily enhance their music with layered electronic sounds. To start, the EC-10 is an authentic acoustic cajon that sounds great on its own. What’s more, it has Roland’s renowned electronic percussion technology built in, letting you blend a range of complementary sounds with the cajon voice, from traditional percussion like tambourine and shaker to acoustic snare, electronic drums, sound effects, and more. Completely self-contained with battery power and onboard amplification, the ELCajon EC-10 puts the dynamic world of hybrid percussion in the hands of every cajon enthusiast.
The top-mounted sound controls on the EC-10 are designed for quick access and easy operation while playing. Dedicated buttons are used to scroll through sound categories, while neighboring buttons allow you to select a number of variations within a category. After that, just twist the rear-panel Volume knob to control the level of the layered sound, and use the Trigger Balance knob to adjust the balance between the head and edge sounds. You can also tweak the trigger sensitivity for your personal style and touch.
Part of the cajon’s enormous appeal is that it’s self-contained and uncomplicated. While the EC-10 contains high-tech electronics, it fully maintains the organic, go-anywhere vibe that you will love. The integrated amp and coaxial speaker provide high-quality sound for keeping up with acoustic guitar amps and other instruments, and six AA batteries deliver up to 12 hours of power for long jams anywhere. There’s also a handy input for playing music from a smartphone or song player at home or on the gig. And because the EC-10 is a true acoustic instrument, you can always turn off the electronics and play it like any regular cajon. On top of that, it even functions as an extra seat in a music room or family space when you’re not playing.
- Unique hybrid instrument combining an authentic acoustic cajon with Roland’s electronic percussion technology
- Standard cajon size, with quality playing surface made of Sapele wood
- 30 built-in electronic kits for layering with acoustic cajon sounds
- Includes two independent sounds that can be triggered from the head and edge of the playing surface
- Versatile selection of acoustic and electronic percussion sounds to support a wide range of music styles
- Also includes studio-optimized cajon sounds to enhance the instrument’s acoustic sound, providing additional depth and punch while performing
- Intuitive panel controls for kit selection, level control, head/edge balance, and more
- Integrated amplifier and coaxial speaker
- Up to 12 hours of continuous playing time with six AA-size batteries
*For your protection all purchases over $99 will be shipped signature required.
The Music Farm is an Authorized Roland Dealer.