At The Farm, we don’t rely on bland manufacturer stock photos - we physically photograph one of each model to show a better representation of the product. Some minor details like wood grain and color finish can, and may vary slightly from the pictures below.
Katana 100 MkII takes the acclaimed Katana guitar amp series to the next level, turbocharging the core platform with more sounds, more effects, and more features. Newly voiced variations are now available for all five amp characters, doubling the tonal options. And the onboard effects categories have been expanded from three to five, providing even more real-time processing to choose from. The usability has been ramped up too, with a power amp input for modelers and multi-FX, easy stereo expansion for dual amp setups, updated editor software, and many other enhancements.
Katana MkII's five primary amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds, plus a dedicated voice optimized for acoustic-electric guitar. The characters have now been extended with newly voiced variations, providing a wider palette of tone options to craft your personal sound.
Katana MkII now includes five simultaneous effects categories, putting the tone-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp. Independent Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb sections come loaded from the factory with three variations in each, providing 15 ready-to-play effects to choose from. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio lets you dive much deeper if you want - customize the sections with over 60 different effect types, change the order with four different chains, and much more.
Backed by BOSS's Tube Logic approach, Katana MkII delivers the authentic output distortion characteristics of genuine tube amplifiers, with the sound and feel becoming richer and more responsive as you turn up the volume. But unlike that classic tube amp, Katana MkII's variable Power Control makes it easy to fly in the sweet spot without getting fired from the gig or kicked out of the house. Just throttle back the overall volume as needed to enjoy inspiring, cranked-amp sound anywhere you play, from bedroom to stage.
The Katana 100 MkII rocks as a standalone amp, but it also excels as a powered cabinet for a favorite preamp, modeler, or multi-effects unit. Connecting to the rear-panel Power Amp In jack bypasses Katana MkII's preamp and effects, letting you tap straight into the Tube Logic power section, complete with grab-and-go Power Control. And with BOSS Tone Studio, the input can be easily optimized for your particular gear with a high-pass filter and adjustable gain.
One of the Katana 100 MkII's most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp character and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. After you've dialed in a sound with the panel controls, simply save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold. Eight Tone Settings (two banks of four) are available, with fast selection right from the panel. And for hands-free operation on the gig, just connect external footswitches or the GA-FC foot controller (available separately).
One Katana MkII sounds great, but playing two at once is even better. The new Stereo Expand feature makes linking two amps simple, with just one regular cable needed. You're able to control everything from the master Katana MkII, with stereo-compatible effects like chorus, delay, reverb, and others distributed across both amps for a wide, immersive sound field. Stereo Expand is supported on all 100 watt Katana MkII models.
The Katana 100 MkII features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with mic'd cabinet emulation, letting you send mix-ready amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. The direct sound can be shaped with three different Air Feel settings, which are accessible from BOSS Tone Studio. Two-channel USB operation is supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of Katana's modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects.
BOSS Tone Studio has also evolved alongside the Katana MkII amplifiers. The interface has been updated with a refreshed look, and a number of parameters have been consolidated into the main screen for faster workflow. There's also a dedicated Pedal FX category, making it easier to assign wah and pedal bend effects to a connected expression pedal. And if you're a first-gen Katana owner, it's possible to import your custom patches and use them all with Katana MkII.
- Stage-ready 100 watt combo amp with a custom 12 inch speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Stereo Expand out to link with a second Katana MkII
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic'd cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Optional GA-FC foot controller provides complete amp control, including Tone Setting selection, effects on/off, expression pedal control, and more
- Connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Effect loop, with selectable series/parallel operation and adjustable level in BOSS Tone Studio
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
- Brand: BOSS
- Product Warranty: 3 Years - USA only
- Approx. Weight: 32lbs
- Amplifier Type: Solid State
- Amplifier Watts: 100W (50W, 0.5W settings)
- Voltage: 120v Before making a purchase outside of the United States, please know that this product uses the standard 120V voltage standard. The Music Farm is not responsible for any damage caused by not adhering to the voltage requirements
- Headphone Connection: Yes
- Built in Reverb: Yes
- MIDI Connection: No
- USB Connection: Yes
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Footswitch I/O: Yes
- Footswitch Included: No
- Input 1 Type: 1/4 Inch
- Input 2 Type: 1/4 Inch
- Input 3 Type: 3.5mm
*For your protection all purchases over $99 will be shipped signature required.
The Music Farm is an Authorized BOSS Dealer.