At The Farm, we don’t rely on bland manufacturer stock photos - we physically photograph one of each model to show a better representation of the product. Some minor details like wood grain and color finish can, and may vary slightly from the pictures below.
Roland's new SPD-SX Sampling Pad puts powerful sample creation and playback under your sticks with innovative audio-capturing features, expressive playability, three multi-effects engines, and much more. The perfect addition to any acoustic or electronic drum kit, percussion setup, DJ booth, or keyboard rig, the SPD-SX is equally at home on the live stage, in the recording studio, pre-production suite, or dance club. The SPD-SX takes many of the proven concepts from its predecessor and raises them to a new level. Whether you’re firing off one-shot samples, looped phrases, or complete audio playback tracks, the SPD-SX is loaded with the latest technology and tools to get the job done with speed, precision, and convenience. Enjoy the most advanced triggering and sampling technology in a sleek, easy-to-use percussion instrument.
The SPD-SX is equipped with nine highly sensitive rubber pads with two independent real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons. Roland’s most advanced triggering technology ensures the ultimate in accuracy and fully dynamic performance, while a large backlit LCD provides easy-to-read data in all varieties of environments. Each pad has a companion LED that illuminates to show the pad’s status. When you trigger sample phrases, the LEDs remain lit to show you which pads are in play and which are not. In addition, the LEDs change illumination strength according to audio-level activity (similar to level meters on a mixing board). The high-contrast red divider lines help you see the pad zones clearly onstage.
Today, increasing numbers of drummers and percussionists need to incorporate audio samples into their performance. The SPD-SX will satisfy their increasing requirements with essential features such as individual click output routing, dedicated volume controls, Pad Check function, individual Sub Out, and more.
The SPD-SX has three multi-effects units onboard: one master unit and two units that are assignable per kit. The master effects engine lets you perform in real time like a DJ using the dedicated front-panel controls. Get your hands on the filter, delay, short looper, and user-assignable effect — all of which can be creatively adjusted with the four front-panel buttons and two control knobs.
There’s much more to the SPD-SX than meets the eye. A powerful-yet-friendly lineup of features has been built into this little powerhouse, such as Multi-Pad Sampling. While audio streams in from an external audio player or computer (via Audio In or USB), simply strike each pad at the appropriate start/end points, and the sample will be automatically truncated and assigned to that pad. It’s a fast, friendly way to create multi-sampled phrases and pad maps.
The SPD-SX’s generous internal memory (4 GB) lets you store and carry your entire sample library inside. With no external memory required, you can house approximately 720 minutes of audio (10,000 files) at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz, mono. The built-in USB ports let you directly import audio files from USB flash memory. The bundled SPD-SX Wave Manager software app lets you import audio files directly from computer via USB, assign the samples to each pad, and organize the thousands of samples efficiently.
- Pads: 9 Built-In (with LED Indicators) *Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads.
- Maximum Polyphony: 20 Voices *Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state.
- Number of Recordable Wave Data: 10,000 *Including preload wave data.
- Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data): Approx. 360 min. in stereo (720 min. in mono) *Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- Data Format: 16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Kits: 100
- Kit Chain: 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- Effects: Master Effects (21 Types), Equalizer, Kit Effect 1 (20 Types), Kit Effect 2 (20 Types)
- Display: Graphic LED 128 x 64 dots
- Connectors: PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4” phone type), MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4” phone type), SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4” phone type), AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4” phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control), TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4” TRS phone type), FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4” TRS phone type), MIDI connectors (IN/OUT), DC IN jack, COMPUTER connector, USB MEMORY connector
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Draw: 600 mA
- Approx. Weight: 5lbs 12oz
* Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
*For your protection all purchases over $99 will be shipped signature required.
The Music Farm is an Authorized Roland Dealer.